The role of companion care changes based on the senior and their needs. It is a service that can be applied at home, home hospice or in assisted living situations. In general terms, companion care spans both the social and physical care of a senior or couple.
Senior living staff make sure that the environment is built keeping in mind the safety standards. Common features that are frequently found in senior living homes consist of: handrails in hallways, good lighting, grab bars in bathrooms, no step showers, and emergency call systems.
Assisted living communities boast in-house chefs who prepare nutritious and healthy meals for seniors three times a day. In fact, residents have the advantage of dining in with friends and peers around. This actually makes mealtime a constant social event.
Life Enrichment Programs
Organizing a different range of activities is a regular affair in senior living communities. Communities give interesting opportunities to seniors to engage in activities from book clubs and billiards to arts and crafts.
Seniors hire someone to assist with housekeeping and maintenance, keeping everything tidy is quite a tough job. Thereby, moving to a senior living community can actually help decrease an older adult’s stress level and improve their quality of life.
Wellness programs continue to be a significant piece of what attracts seniors to assisted living homes. These days, wellness programs are much more comprehensive as compared to the blood pressure clinics of the past.
Advantages of Retirement Community Living:
- Prepared meals for better nutrition
- Trained staff members are there to provide care and assistance
- Health and fitness programs are available on site
- Access to transportation services for trips to the store and doctor’s appointments
- Volunteer and civic engagement opportunities, which give seniors opportunities to stay connected with their community
- Social and recreational activities include day trips, yoga lessons, Happy Hours, appearances by professional entertainers, ice cream socials, games, crafts and more
- Educational and arts programs
The benefits of moving to a senior living community are huge and every senior must make the most of it while living in the assisted living home. We hope you take them to heart and continue the process of moving to a senior living home to live a happy and healthier life. However, we also encourage you to explore a community for yourself so that you can get an overview of their services and amenities offered. Also, do discuss your tour of the community with your loved ones and family members.